When you buy fireworks and set them off with your friends and family it can be a very fun and exciting activity. However, after all of the explosions have filled the sky with light and colour; don’t forget to clean up after yourself.
Leaving around debris after you buy fireworks is not only littering, it can also be dangerous if the fireworks relight or if young children play amongest the firework ashes and remains. Here are some tips for cleaning up safely:
- First of all, make sure that all of your fireworks have gone off. If you find a firework that has not gone off yet, don’t touch it even if you think that it is a dud.
- Hose down the entire area which has been exposed to the fireworks.
- All used fireworks and their remnants should be soaked in a bucket of water for at least 20 minutes.
- Once these fireworks have been soaked for long enough, collect them all together and dispose of them in the trash.
- Sometimes fireworks can leave burn marks on pavement or sidewalks and these marks can be removed with a pressure washer.
Remember, whenever you buy fireworks it is your responsibility to clean them up properly as well, so make sure that you follow these steps for the safety of everyone involved.